Published on 13/10/2022
On the booth of Alma CAM USA, Alma’s American subsidiary, all the software applications for 2D/3D cutting, sheet metal work and mechanical welding integrated to the new generation Almacam suite will be in the spotlight!
Almacam is designed to program all machines and robots with maximum automation and flexibility. The system integrates with all information systems (ERP, CAPM, MES, etc.) and includes advanced modules for sheet metal quoting and production optimization. Almacam provides complete traceability of production data and meets all the challenges of Industry 4.0.
Almacam’s main functional areas:
- Nesting and programming of 2D cutting machines (laser, plasma, oxycutting, waterjet), punching and routing (Almacam Cut/Punch/Routing).
- Import of assemblies and unfolding of sheet metal parts (Assembly2cam, Unfold).
- Management of manufacturing launches and sheet metal stocks and integration with ERP.
- Sheet metal quoting and management of quotation requests via the web (Almaquote, Webquote).
- Programming of 3D cutting machines, tubes and profiles (Almacam Tube and Almacam Space Cut).
- Offline programming of welding robots (Almacam Weld).
Not to be missed, Almacam’s latest innovations, in particular:
- New interface for editing quotes in Almaquote.
- Webquote, a web service that automates the preparation and processing of quotes and facilitates exchanges between subcontractors and ordering parties.
- New functionalities in OLP to further facilitate the automation of robot programming.
- New palletizing module for the evacuation of cut parts.
- New version of Almacam Tube completely integrated to the Almacam platform.
The iconic Nest&Cut web application will also be demonstrated at the booth. With Nest&Cut, any company involved in cutting flat materials can access the best nesting algorithms to reduce raw material costs without investing in a costly “heavy client” solution. Nest&Cut exploits all the power of the Cloud to optimize not only nesting computation times but also the time required to process and automatically clean the DXF geometries transferred by the user. Today Nest&Cut has several hundred users worldwide, and now the application makes it possible to generate ISO programs for simple NC cutting machines.
At last, we will demonstrate RoboWave bending, the innovative software application for robotic bending solutions (available only from AlmaCAM USA). This solution enables the automatic programming of robotic bending cells at every step of production, from pick-up and palletization to real-time communication with the Robot.